Jonathan Elihu Klein
Get The Pix Productions Owner
I’m Jonathan Elihu Klein and I’ve been making videos since before I can remember. I was home-schooled and because of that I had a lot of free time to dedicate towards video production at a very young age. As a child, I saw movies and TV shows as a way to keeping in touch with the culture beyond the suburbs of Cleveland that I grew up in. What a gateway it was. One moment a dinosaur is wreaking havoc and in the time it took you to switch tapes you could be flying through space at the speed of light. I loved films and the worlds they created in my imagination.
The connection between watching and making videos was planted in my mind by members of my family. My father created all sorts of independent short videos when he was younger. Him and his friends made stop motion videos that still deeply inspire my work.
My older brother Christian was the first to introduce me to professional video production. He opened my eyes to what the right equipment could accomplish. Occasionally, I would volunteer time at an organization he was working for. The organization produced media of all kinds. That organization was the first place I got to witness digital video editing software and the first place I used Photoshop.
FUN FACT: The first thing I ever designed in Photoshop, made it’s way onto a professional website.
My sister Katy was the one who introduced me to acting on camera. My 7 siblings and I made a lot of short skits with our free time. Now most of my video production time is spent behind the scenes, but back before I could hold a camera I was acting in front of one.
Once YouTube came along I started officially started Get The Pix Productions. I created a couple animations using only Paint and Windows Movie Maker that went semi-viral. Those animations continue to drive traffic to our channel and are still some of our highest viewed videos.
My goal has always been to use my talents to bring glory to God and entertain in the process. God has helped us grow to a team of talented people from Northeast Ohio.
- International Indie Gathering Film Festival 2016 1st Place Action Feature Film
- Best Sound Design 48 Hour Film Project Cleveland, 2016
- The Plain Dealer Holiday Video Contest Grand Prize
- Tommy’s of Coventry Shirt Design Contest
- Geauga Council for Arts and Culture Video Contest
- Ruggle’s Ice Cream Video Contest 1st Place
- International Indie Gathering Film Festival 2016 Official Selection
- International Indie Gathering Film Festival Best Cinematography in an Ohio
- International Indie Gathering Film Festival Best Ohio Lead Actor
- International Indie Gathering Film Festival Best Directing in an Ohio Film
- 48 Hour Film Project Cleveland, 2016 Best Sound Design
- 48 Hour Film Project Cleveland, 2016 Best Use of Character
- 48 Hour Film Project Cleveland, 2016 Best Location
- 48 Hour Film Project Cleveland, 2016 Best Musical Score